- Before the start of the season or in September 1962 Ognyan (Ognyanovo) is renamed to Maritsa.
- On 25 July 1962 Maritsa (Plovdiv) separates from FD Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) and is reestablished as an independent FD.
- After the end of the season the group is expanded to 14 teams, which saves DARZ "Vasil Kolarov"(Plovdiv) and Svoboda (Peshtera) from relegation.
- After Belasitsa (Petrich) is removed from Yuzhna "B" RFG after the end of the season and its place is taken by Chepinets (Velingrad), which initially has to relegate to ZFG "Trakia", Yordan Shopov (Isperihovo) is also saved from relegation.
- Notes on worker fizkulturni kolektivi teams:
- DARZ "Vasil Kolarov" (Plovdiv) - fizkulturen kolektiv of Darzhaven avtoremonten zavod "Vasil Kolarov" (automobile repairs factory, later "Rekord" motocar factory) that is part of FD Spartak;
- Zavod 15 (Karlovo) - fizkulturen kolektiv of Zavod 15 (later Karlovski traktoren zavod, tractor factory) that is part of FD Levski.