- During the regular season teams compete in 9 yunosheski zonovi grupi (YuZG) and okrazhni grupi.
- 19 teams qualify for the Republikansko parvenstvo:
- 13 teams from te 9 YuZG (the top 3 teams from Sofiyska YuZG, the top 2 teams from Varnenska YuZG and Plovdivska YuZG and the winners of the other 6 YuZG;
- 6 winners from the okrazhni grupi, teams from which don't participate in the YuZG due to geographical remoteness.
- The 6 teams from the okrazhni grupi participate in this round.
- The 13 teams from the yunosheski zonovi grupi enter the competition directly at the Group stage.
- 6 teams are drawn into 3 pairs with a partially seeded draw, so that there is geographical proximity between the teams of a pair.
- Winners are determined over one leg with the winner determined with a draw if score is level after regular time.
- Hosting is determined by the draw.
- The 3 winners qualify for the Group stage.
Draw: 12 July 1963 (also for the Group stage)
21 July 1963, Sunday:Arda (Kardzhali) - Gorubso (Madan) -1- Benkovski (Vidin) - Dorostol (Silistra) -1- Botev (Blagoevgrad) - Botev (Ihtiman) -1- top